Pinky Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky Reads

This thread is for book reviews. There may be no rhyme or reason, just whatever I feel like reading, and none of the links are compensated for either myself or SyfyDesigns.
    790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

The Unofficial Minecrafters Academy Series- Zombie Invasion

click for more info
    Not paid to link that, not a book reviewer, but as per my self-appointed syllabus homework this fall, I'm doing book reports.

Winter Morgan has written a number of Minecraft adventure story books, as listed on Amazon, available in paperbook, and both audio and Kindle, and at least one translated into German.

Zombie Invasion is targeted for the 7-12 age range, but meemaws just discovering Minecraft can also enjoy this simple, quick, yet tense story about a very excited Lucy getting ready to go to school at Minecraft Academy. She must leave familiar friends behind and meet new friends, but before they can settle into their new classes, the Academy is attacked and all the students must band together to discover who is griefing and setting mobs loose to terrorize the school. I can't reveal who it is because that is spoilers, but fortunately, Lucy happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time to catch the vital clues, and manages to lead the students to victory even though they don't believe her at first.

As a meemaw on the second round of future spawn, lol, I think this is a great back to school story without a lot of complexity in the way. This could be beneficial to parents of younger children who feel a bit nervous and need some book time without too much added information. Lucy's worries about transitioning to a new environment and the impacts of social misunderstandings might even be great lead-ins for parents who would like for their children to discuss their own feelings a little more.
    790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

Working...
    X